vrijdag 5 juli 2013

The amazing byglandsfjord



One week in and I wish I could stay here forever. The peace and quiet is amazing, and so are the people. (Granted, some of them are a little creepy.)

I’m staying at a place that gives me the creeps, to be honest. The first nights were downright awful. The place I’m staying at used to be a mental asylum, and after that a tbc-hospital. It gives me the creeps, plus the building needs to be completely renovated and still looks like a hospital. And it’s very empty.
The people here are lovely. A little creepy, but lovely.
Johannes is the groundkeeper and lives in the building 24/7, he just stands and stares and takes his lovely dog out for long walks. –Which I’m surprised she survives since she’s probably 3 centuries old in dog years-
He’s the only permanent resident of the house, the rest of the people come and go.

The work differs from day to day. It’s mostly prep-work for the upcoming literature festival that will be here soon.
Moving rubbish, cutting flowers, cleaning stuff.
It’s all good with me. One of my upcoming jobs will be translating the peace center’s website from Norwegian to English. That should be fun.
I went for a long walk earlier this week and took some lovely pictures! The nature out here is amazing, nothing compares.











Yesterday we had a bonfire and lovely dinner to celebrate 4th of July (this thanks to my wonderful American co-worker!).
And next week after the festival and the wedding I’ll be travelling to Stavanger and Bergen. At some point I hope to be able to do Kjeragbolten in lysefjorden. If I don’t chicken out that is.
Kjeragbolten is a rock stuck between to cliffs with a 1km drop underneath it. … It’s been nice know y’all! ;)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten